Meet Dr. Roland
Dr. Yasaman Roland and her team are among an elite group of professionals who welcome adults and children of all ages to join our family of patients. After viewing our website, we would like to personally invite you to come and visit and see what sets us apart. Dr. Roland’s commitment to state-of-the-art dental treatments, delivered with the intention of maximizing a patient’s oral health and entire body wellness, is a comprehensive and compassionate approach unmatched by traditional dentistry methods.
What is a Cosmetic Dentist?
A cosmetic dentist aims to enhance the appearance of a patient’s teeth, gums, and smile while providing restorative benefits to their tooth structure, biting function, and oral health. Using the most cutting-edge techniques and dental materials available, a cosmetic dentist engages in responsible aesthetics to optimize the form and function of an individual’s teeth. This means utilizing safe and effective treatment protocols that can minimize the loss of healthy tissue and enamel and complement the overall health of a patient. Dr. Roland’s approach to cosmetic dentistry is particularly unique in that her dental treatments are developed with your total body wellness in mind. Through holistic methods that reflect an ongoing commitment to improving your health, confidence, and well-being, Dr. Roland integrates cosmetic dentistry with total body prosperity to provide a number of far-reaching benefits to those in her care.
How to Choose the Right Dentist
When selecting the right dentist for you, careful consideration should be given to who can fulfill your treatment goals most effectively and provide top-notch patient care in the process. The following tips can help guide you when making this crucial determination.
- Review Credentials and Experience: Confidence in a dentist’s skills and experience is paramount to achieving gratifying treatment results. Be sure to examine your prospective dentist’s biography and research their educational background, memberships, and professional affiliations. Key factors that can help you glean an idea of whether your dentist is well-established include how long they have been in practice, the professional organizations they belong to, the awards or recognitions they have been honored with, and their involvement with the local community.
- Ensure You Are Receiving Individualized Attention: You should feel confident that your dentist is able to address your unique needs and concerns in a manner that is caring and personal. The initial consultation before the start of treatment can be a good opportunity to determine how comfortable you feel with your dentist and the rapport that is established. During this time, you can gauge whether your dentist is equipped to provide personalized treatment that is optimized for each individual.
- Check Out Before-and-After Photos: Taking a look at your prospective dentist’s patient photo gallery can be an excellent way to assess the anticipated results of treatment. While the cosmetic outcome will vary by patient, these smile galleries can be a valuable resource to gain an understanding of what results can be achieved. Plus, many before-and-after photos outline a patient’s initial concerns and their subsequent treatment results, providing additional insight for individuals interested in the same treatment, or who have similar aesthetic concerns.
- Learn About the Practice’s Equipment and Technology: The dental materials, treatment protocols, and technology utilized by a practice can speak volumes about its ability to stay on the forefront of innovation. Cosmetic dentists must stay updated with the latest trends and techniques in order to provide patients with the most efficient and comfortable care possible. Key elements that generally enhance the treatment experience include use of holistic approaches, digital x-rays, laser dentistry, and sedation dentistry.
- Read Patient Testimonials and Reviews: Reviews from a wide range of patients about their respective treatment experiences can be a good indication of the type of care you can expect to receive. Many dental practices have their reviews and testimonials compiled on their website, and third-party reviewing platforms provide a more extensive and diversified look at the practice’s patient experience.
- Focus on What Sets a Practice Apart: Choosing the right dentist can be difficult, even while using the above criteria to navigate through the plethora of available options. Therefore, it can be useful to focus on how a practice is different. The technologies, equipment and methodologies that set a prospective dentist apart from other options can mean the difference between an exceptional and subpar treatment experience. With this in mind, a practice that considers your overall health and wellness with their procedures may be able to provide more beneficial and comprehensive care than those that don’t.
Dr. Roland’s Unique Approach to Oral & Total Body Health
Dr. Roland believes in the inextricable relationship between the head and the rest of the body, such that the care offered at The Center for Innovative Dentistry and Facial Aesthetics is thoughtfully designed with regard to your lifelong well-being. The mechanisms that make up the teeth and jaws can also influence an individual’s facial development, breathing, posture, and musculature, meaning conventional dentistry methods that treat the teeth and gums in isolation fail to consider the total body health of a patient. By examining these elements during a careful consultation, Dr. Roland seeks to determine the root cause of a problem and develop a comprehensive solution, rather than blindly treating symptoms without addressing the underlying issues. This can allow patients to receive effective care that is designed to prevent complications in the long-run, whether they are being treated for TMJ Disorder or sleep apnea, or simply undergoing smile rejuvenation or a routine check-up. Dr. Roland’s holistic approaches in accomplishing these goals include:
- Mercury-free products and fillings
- Digital x-rays
- Laser therapy
- Natural sedation dentistry
- Natural oral hygiene products
- Non-invasive techniques
Orthodontic Treatment for Kids
Dr. Roland’s innovative treatment approach is exemplified in how she uses orthopedic treatments and orthodontics to guide the proper growth and development of kids and young adults. Traditional orthodontic treatments generally aim to correct malocclusion (imperfect positioning of the teeth), an approach which alone does not account for the effects on their long-term facial development. Because facial growth involves the individual growth of each bone and muscle in the face, many factors such as nasal breathing, the muscles of the head and neck, and even how the tongue rests inside the mouth can have a resulting impact on a child’s facial harmony and oral health. Dr. Roland uses completely holistic and non-invasive techniques that can not only correct teeth alignment and bite problems, but also guide proper bone and facial development early on. This is done to optimize pediatric development and foster growth in the ways that nature intended for the lifelong health and beauty of younger patients.
About Dr. Roland
Dr. Roland is a Class of 2001 graduate of the University of Maryland Dental School. She completed a general practice residency at York Hospital, PA in 2002. Dr. Roland then worked as an associate dentist in a general practice in Southern Maryland before she opened The Center for Innovative Dentistry and Facial Aesthetics in January 2008.
Dr. Roland continued her post-graduate training at the world renowned Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies (LVI). Dr. Roland has since been selected multiple times as a “Top Dentist in America” by the Consumers Research Council of America.
Due to constant changes in the world of dentistry, along with the evolution of science, Dr. Roland and her team invest in education every year. This allows Dr. Roland to give her family of patients world-class care and state-of-the-art technology.
Awards & Affiliations
- LVI Fellow
- Selected as a Top Dentist in America by the Consumers Research Council
- Voted Top Dentist by What’s Up Magazine
- Voted Best of Annapolis 2018 in Holistic Dentistry, TMJ Disorder, and Sleep Apnea
- Voted Best Dermal Fillers by What’s Up? Annapolis Best of Beauty & Fitness 2014-2016
- Voted a Favorite Doc by Chesapeake Family Magazine
- Member of the Holistic Dental Association
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the Maryland State Dental Association
- Member of the Anne Arundel Dental Society
- Member of the International Association of Physiologic Aesthetics
- Member of the International Association of Orthodontics
Contact The Center for Innovative Dentistry and Facial Aesthetics
For more about the holistic and green dentistry services we provide and our selection of cosmetic, restorative, and orthodontic treatments, we invite you to contact our practice to schedule a consultation with Dr. Roland.